815-434-0152 | 1703 Polaris Cir. 3, Ottawa, IL
• Carleton College, Northfield Minnesota
• Marquette University Dental School, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
He belongs to the following organizations while practicing in Ottawa, Illinois:
• American Dental Association
• Academy of General Dentistry (an organization dedicated to continued dental education)
• Illinois State Dental Society
• American Academy of Restorative Dentistry (AARD)
• International Congress of Oral Implantology (ICOI)
2018 - Scientific Advisor (Computer Technology), Kois Center
2017 - Current: iXorg Member
2016 - 2019 Trustee for "Illinois State Dental Society" - a 3 year term
2015 - ADA SnoDENT Commitee
2014 - 2018: Member of the Advisory Board for the Kois Center
2013 - 2016: Member of the Illinois State Dental Society Dental Benefits Committee
2008: Graduated from the Misch Implant Institute and passed the Fellowship exam for the ICOI
2008: Became an active member of the AARD (Restorative Academy)
2006: Achieved Clinical Instructor status at the Kois Center (having been a student since 1996)
Kois Mentor and Clinical Instructor for the Kois Center: the graduates, mentors and CI's are a group of 200 international dentists dedicated to providing predictable high quality dentistry to their patients. There are only 40 Clinical Instructors, and I'm honored to be included with this prestigious group.
Seattle Study Club (another international group of dentists known for continuing their dental education).
• Contemporary Dental Forum (CDF): the local Seattle Study Club component which meets monthly in the Joliet/Aurora area
Illinois Valley Dental Society (the local dental component. LaSalle and Putnam County)
• President of the Illinois Valley Dental Society 1990-1992, and 2008-2016!)
* Note: Presidency of the local component is a two-year term. I believe in term limits, but the component wouldn't let me retire!
Program Chairperson (1993-1994)
*Dent-IL-PAC Director (1990-1999)
*Program Chairperson (2005 - 2006)
Dr Benavides and his staff are extremely computer-literate and have other dentists and their staff visit at least once a month to see the marriage of hi-tech dentistry to computers, scanners, 35mm digital cameras, video cameras, and intra-oral cameras.
Dr Benavides has been married to his wife Angela for more than 30 years. She is a neurologist on staff at St. Margaret's Hospital, Spring Valley IL.
New patient? No problem! Fill out our patient forms before your appointment.
Take a moment to learn more about Dr. Benavides and his commitment to advancing dental care and treatment.
Trust nearly 30 years of experience in dental care. Schedule an appointment today!